Ah parting is such sweet sorrow...
I'm already starting to prepare myself to leave Salzburg, even though I have another 2 months or so left here. I know that with all the traveling that I'll be doing at the end of the month, and during the month of June (I'll only be in Salzy for a grand total of 10 days), that I will be missing everything already, despite still being in Austria.
I have posted my apartment to be rented already, and have gotten 1 bite. Hopefully he'll be the only one I need.
I know that the up and coming weeks will be exciting...Fleur comes in 16 days, Mom, Grandma and Maria in 24, Mike, Rachel and Dad still have a little over a month and a half, but even that amount of ime seems to come sooner than one expects! I know that time flies when you are down to the wire, and I should really try to enjoy my time here as much as possible.
There are still some things that I would like to do here before I leave, although I mostly just want to enjoy the people that are here while I'm here. I really try to do as much walking, taking in the sights and sounds, and spending time with people as possible, I doubt that I will get to do much of that at any other point in my life. I am really going to miss a lot of the people here. My girls, my locals (well, local ex-pats anyway!), my teachers, and even some of my students. It is a time in my life I will never be able to get back, and I'm sure I will fantasize about it later when I look back on what I've done and where I've come from. It surely hasn't been all stars and butterflies, but it has been wonderful.
If anything, especially in the past 3 months, I have the feeling that I am starting a new normal. I know that these next few weeks and months will lead me through unknown territory, I know things will be unsure, out of my control, and slightly (or mostly) chaotic, but that's life. It's mostly unknown, uncertain, and out of our control. It's how we respond to this, learning to go with the flow that we somehow stay afloat. I need to remember that yes, it's okay to be scared, but not to let that hinder me in doing anything. I need to start learning how to be excited, how to take the good with the bad, and just roll.
In other news, I am still unemployed (as of June 1), not finished with my graduate school app, broke beyond belief but very much still alive.
Sending you hugs, love and chin that's trying to be kept up! XOXO
No comments:
Post a Comment