Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Then I realized...

Life is overwhelming some days.

Sometimes I just want to crawl under a rock and have everything done for me...but what would be the point of that?

Things that need to happen in the next 2 months:
-Fix up apartment for renting
-Rent apartment, get down-payment back, and never look back
-Pack up my life into 2 suitcases
-Move cross-continentally (again)
-Find a job
-Find a job
-Find a job
-Win the lottery
-Apply to graduate school

Living here makes me forget about my responsibilities, which is probably why I've not felt this stress for a while.  I haven't been worrying about my thousands of dollars of student loans, my health insurance, car insurance, cell phone bill, where I am going to live, how I am going to live with my parents at home again, what the hell I am going to do with my life, starting over in a new state, making new friends (again), starting down a new path.

Sometimes I wonder why I didn't just stay in Austria?  Life here is good.  I make enough money to pay for myself, I eat well, have free time, health insurance, a gym membership, get plenty of sunshine and exercise, I have great friends, most of whom are staying.  Why would I ever want to go anywhere else?

Ahh regret, you old friend, now is not the time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment