Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Do not mess with Texas, or Maija.

Doctors appointment tomorrow, and I'm a nervous nelly.  I hate being worried that something is always going to go wrong.  I hate being so terribly aware of my mortality.  Ignorance is truly bliss sometimes.

That said, some days...remind me that I need to put my claws away, and other days make me rage.

Today I have was reminded of the battle axe in me.

I am a fighter.  Do. Not. Mess. With. Me.

With the internal battles that I've fought, and the external battles that I've had to overcome, I do not like to bring out the warrior, but if I have to...I will. I am no damsel in distress, nor do I let the opinions of the weak and small minded break my spirit.

Sometimes I need to remind myself of this.  Letting those petty comments get to you is not worth it, nor is it worth the emotional excitement it brings, and yet I am angry.  VERY angry.

How DARE you come to me pretending to know what I have been through or what I think? How presumptuous can you get?

Here's the great thing: I don't care how sad and sorry your life is, but I refuse to let your pitiful actions and words affect me.  I have more control than you do in my own life, and I am making a conscious decision to let the nails of your message turn into dust and blow away.



City and Colour says it so much better than I can.  I'm breaking down, but still going down fighting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment