Sunday, January 9, 2011

Checked out, and ready to roll

After 2 beautiful weeks at home spent with family and friends (a WHIRLWIND tour of the U.S.) I am finally back in Salzburg.  I made it back on Friday after being delayed in MSP on the way to Amsterdam and missed my flight to Munich, so I had to take a later one, ran into a Stag/Bachelor party in the train (here is my THUMBS UP to the man in the hotdog suit, all the best to you, sir!), and to the Iranian Teacher I met in the airport, thank you for your phone number and email address, but I don't think it will be necessary.

I always meet the craziest kooks in the world in airplanes and in airports.  Apparently I have a sign that says "CREEPERS PLEASE TALK TO ME I REALLY REALLY REALLY LIKE IT".  Not all of them are creepers, but I do seem to find some interesting people.  Fashion Designer, NYU Professor, Filmmaker...etc. etc. thank goodness those are the positive ones because I just prefer to forget my negative flying experiences.

In any case, I've made it back, I'm alive, in one piece, and once again I have a familiar feeling...what might it be?  Ahhhhh yes, the need to get up and go.  I know that I just got back, but I am ready to move again. I am ready to go somewhere new, meet even more people (don't get me wrong, I LOVE LOVE LOVE/am completely and utterly obsessed with my group here in Salzy, I just want MORE), try a different place.  I constantly dream of Argentina, Costa Rica, Spain, Italy....of what my life could be like there, the people I would meet, the how my Spanish/really bad Italian could improve itself.  Maybe it is because these are 3 very romantic cultures and I lack romance in my life, or maybe it is just because I am tired of trying to be introspective ALL the f-ing time and just want some distraction.  Maybe it is because I always want what I can't have, because I make everywhere else out to be some fantastic place instead of where I am.  Perhaps perhaps perhaps.

I don't want to just go on vacation to a place, I want to MOVE there.  I want to completely immerse myself into something else.  I am having a hard time finding any place that I can stand being for more than a little while, or maybe it is just that I cannot stand myself.  I cannot tell which it is.

Either way, as the new year has already come and gone, I haven't even thought about what I can improve or look forward to in this year.  I just know that part of me wants to escape, wants to go back to normal, I'm tired of being patient and tired of sitting around and waiting for something good to happen.

Sorry for the rambles, just the thing on my mind....I guess there are a lot better things that I could be doing with my time than what I am currently doing, which is living in my head.  So I'm off to do just that, and start planning my lessons for tomorrow and for the whole week.

All my love.

No comments:

Post a Comment