Monday, January 10, 2011

Arizona and other thoughts

I found out what happened in Arizona yesterday, and am absolutely disgusted and terrified for the people of Tucson.  I cannot believe that people are still randomly able to go out and get guns, and that the 2nd amendment still exists.  Just because people can own guns, doesn't mean they should.  Unless you've been trained to use it, hell, what am I saying, even if you've been trained to use it doesn't mean that you should!  Violence is not the answer to any of the political frustrations and heated debates going on in the U.S., and whether or not this guy was part of the Tea Party or part of the Democratic Party, something needs to change.  When I go home, I feel the anxiety and tension all day every day.  People are not happy, people are not healthy, and people are looking to blame someone that is not themselves.

In any case, made it through today.  It was not easy, it was not fun, but it is done now.  I can only hope that tomorrow goes better.

I like watching this sometimes, makes everything seem so...much smaller than we make it out to be.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSgiXGELjbc&feature=fvsr

No comments:

Post a Comment