???????????????
I always feel a little unsettled when things go right, not necessarily because I expect things to go wrong, I just have been having a lot of things coming out differently than I had hoped or expected...ah but isn't that life, that things don't always go as you expect?
The Sprichwort/saying in German comes from Goethe, "Es gibt nichts schwerer zu ertragen als eine Reihe von guten Tagen," seems to sum it up pretty well (There is nothing more difficult to endure than a couple of good days in a row), I am more worried and anxious when my days go well than when they don't! Ahh, I guess that's always going to be more nervewracking than not, so get used to it.
Well, I guess just take it as it comes. We were told this over and over again during our orientation that we NEED to be able to go with the flow, going with it will lead you to happiness, fighting against it will lead to your demise. Learning to let go of many a thing has been difficult, but I guess giving up that control and really learning to go with it will be helpful in the future...so they say.
I am looking forward to the weekend and to GETTING PAID on Monday!!!! Thank GOD! It has been 2 1/2 months since I've arrived and am in desperate need of some €€€ to help replenish my clothing supply and bank account. As great as white bread, soup and pasta is....I could use something else in my diet too :) In any case, I figured I would make a short list of my favorite things here in Salzburg since my opinion has been slowly but surely changing....
Things I like about Salzburg:
1.) Seeing monks and nuns out and about every day in their traditional garb, enjoying the scenery and going for walks through the city
2.) The beginnings of the Christkindlmarkt (christmas markets)
3.) When the sun shines and it is warm enough out, it is encouraged and enjoyed to go for long walks, window shopping and spending time with friends and family
4.) It is quiet at night, not just kind of quiet, but peaceful quiet where you don't feel the need to speak because the stillness has a presence of its own
5.) My co-workers are proving to be a hilarious bunch, and some have taken the initiative to invite me out and spend time with me outside of work or talk to me about the loves of their lives, aka, the cat ladies
6.) Mountains, Gandalf, I want to see mountains again. They are in my backyard.
7.) Openness of Austrians/sense of humor (ex: I was on the bus yesterday and a 50 year old woman was celebrating her birthday with about 5 loud friends, and she started passing around her bottle to have the whole bus celebrate along with her)
8.) They love boots here more than I do. Who knew that was possible.
9.) Milka. Enough said.
10.) MY ROOM! I have enough light to make plants grow...and seeing that I haven't killed any so far, I'm doing well.
In any case, I am off to do some errands, get off the internet and enjoy my day. I hope that you are well and looking forward to the weekend as much as I am.
Best wishes and big hugs from the Salz.
No comments:
Post a Comment