Sunday, June 12, 2011

Moved Out

Ahhh, dearest fans, lovers, friends and unknowns,

I don't know, but I guess this blog is soon going to come to an end.  If I indeed stop writing because I am no longer getting back to my roots, am no longer travelling extensively, and am probably going back to a life of mediocrity and normalcy, then maybe I should stop.  I'll leave that up to you.

Anyway, I have officially moved out of my apartment, and am getting my life ready to leave Austria.  I am staying officially until the 27 of June, and could be ready to go sooner, although I just have to be patient (what is with the FREAKING lesson on patience this year, hmmm???) and am just getting really excited, terrified, overwhelmed and then excited again to go back to the States.  I am really really really going to miss some of the people here....I am just so thankful to have found such a wonderful group of people that have really put forth an effort to take care of me, to spend time with me, who were patient with me when I was probably not the easiest person to be around.  I have been tremendously blessed by having some of this time to really focus on myself, to learn to function on my own and appreciate many of the things that I've had in the past that don't have right now.

I am ready to go though.  I am ready to do something else, I am ready to actually make some money, I am ready to meet other people, and am ready to get into some sort of routine (although I mostly dread routine), I'm ready to see some of my best friends from home, ready to see my family, my puppies, have fewer problems communicating what I want and not knowing how to get it...

Things I'll miss most about my time in Salzburg: proximity to the city but not being constantly bombarded by tourists, walking through the Altstadt from work and seeing amazing architecture, history and monks on the way home, Gordon Blues with Fleur in winter, the ridiculous dialect (sometimes), watching Austrians try to do Zumba with Keri, good coffee with good friends, Thursday lunches with Sonja and Helene, Karaoke and Austrians trying to sing in English, inviting myself over for dinner to Nora and Lars', kids constantly using the present continuous to be always improving their English, sitting on the river and picnicking, Aperol gespritzt, Höllersaftgespritzt, Bergkäse, Kurbiskernbrot, unlimited sick days, Pitterkeller with the whole group, parties with the out of towners, travelling solely to former Eastern Europe

Things I'll miss least about Salzburg: the absence of a dryer, disinterested roommates in helping keep the apartment clean, obnoxious 15/16 year old boys and girls who cannot figure out what manners or deoderant are, Sunday shutdowns, lack of mexican food, people who like to tell me about why my culture sucks even though they've never lived abroad, having 34 bosses, things not being open past 6 pm, constant throngs of tourists, overcrowded busses, getting hit on solely by old men

I have to say, the positives win out over the negatives.

Now, I must go apply for jobs.  It's time.

No comments:

Post a Comment